CAN FEMALES WORKOUT DURING MENSTRUATION?
Do you have to sit at home and skip your workout because it’s ‘that time of the month’? Do you hate it? Do you want an answer? then keep reading.
Many females think that while on their period, they might feel pain, bloating, or weakness. However, little did you know that there is a teeny tiny thing that you can do actually to relieve you of these symptoms?
The secret to this is EXERCISE
BUT WHY SHOULD YOU EXERCISE DURING YOUR PERIODS?
- Improvement of mood – It helps in reducing depression and mood swings resulting in feeling better and happier.
- Reduction of fatigue – The changes in hormones during the menstrual cycle may bring your energy levels down and make you lethargic. Working out results in releasing dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin in the body.
- Reduction of menstrual cramps – A study concluded that females who work out during their menstruation period experienced less cramps than those who don’t work out.
TIPS TO WORKOUT DURING THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE
So girls, get up, leave your beds and start working out as it has numerous benefits, but few things that you should keep in mind
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid exertion of your body
- Practice stretching exercises such as yoga, Pilates.
Working out helps your body and mind, also there are no scientific studies that prove that it’s harmful in anyway. So, don’t let anything stop you from working out.