CANNABIS AND WEIGHT LOSS
Are cannabis as bad as they are imagined? Are cannabis & weight loss related? Read on to know more.
A study conducted on animals in 2012 suggested that CBD helps in the reduction of appetite. Another study conducted in the year 2016 proved that CBD helps in a decrease in the percentage of white fat. Cannabis is extracted from hemp consisting of CBD (cannabidiol). CBD is transformed into different products for different purposes
- It helps in controlling the appetite and following a strict diet plan
- It helps in improving metabolic parameters
- No side effect as diarrhea which can be caused by some carb blocker diets for weight loss
- It helps in reducing inflammation and relieving complications associated with cardiovascular diseases
- It helps in the reduction of anxiety and stress-related to personal perception due to weight
- Prevents fatal outcomes of weight-loss surgeries
- No addictive, stimulant, and psychoactive effect
- Lack of scientific evidence for the effectiveness of CBD for weight loss
- Sometimes, it can even cause an increase in appetite
- Cannabis can sometimes be expensive and inappropriate to use for purposes as appetite control and weight loss
- Lethargy can be induced in individuals due to a lack of physical activity and movement
- Anxiety and decreased metabolic rates in severe cases
Cannabis has been associated with many health benefits, and one them is fat-burning properties. Several scientific studies have revealed that CBD possesses fat-burning properties. However, specific adverse effects are associated with cannabis; therefore, it is not suitable for pregnant females.