Choose the muscle you want to train.
- Start off setting up a smith machine with the amount of weight that you would like to perform for this exercise and placing either a step or block underneath the bar.
- Position yourself underneath the bar so that the bar is racked on the top of your back muscles.
- Step up on the block or step with your right foot that the ball of your foot is rested upon the platform and keep your other leg extended behind you.
- Release the bar from the rack and slowly lower your heel down towards the floor, then elevate your heel up towards the ceiling as far as possible squeezing your calf.
- Hold for a count then return back to the starting position.