- Stand straight holding a barbell with an underhand grip, your hands shoulder width apart and your arms fully extended towards the floor.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides. Your palms should be facing away from you. This is the start position.
- Keeping your upper arms stationary, curl the barbell forward and up in a smooth arcing motion while exhaling. Only your forearms should move.
- Continue upwards until the bar is at shoulder level with your biceps fully contracted. Hold for a count of one while squeezing your biceps.
- Inhale as you return to the starting position.