Gluteus Maximus, Quadriceps
- Begin seated on the ground with a bench directly behind you. Have a loaded barbell over your legs. Using a fat bar or having a pad on the bar can greatly reduce the discomfort caused by this exercise.
- Roll the bar so that it is directly above your hips, and lean back against the bench so that your shoulder blades are near the top of it.
- Begin the movement by driving through your feet, extending your hips vertically through the bar.
- Your weight should be supported by your shoulder blades and your feet.
- Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.