- Sit at the end of a flat bench with your legs in front of you and feet flat on the floor, spaced hip-width apart.
- While holding a barbell with a shoulder-width, overhand grip, rest your forearms on the tops of your thighs so that your wrists and hands hang off your knees.
- Flex your wrists so that your hands hang down from your wrists at about a 90-degree angle.
- Extend your wrist to lift the weight up as high as you can.
- Hold this position for a second while forcefully contracting your forearm muscles, then slowly return the bar back to the start
- Start out by curling your wrist upwards and exhaling.
- Slowly lower your wrists back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Your forearms should be stationary as your wrist is the only movement needed to perform this exercise.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.