Infraspinatus, Latissimus Dorsi, Teres Major, Teres Minor, Trapezius Lower Fibers, Trapezius Middle Fibers
Brachialis, Brachioradialis, Deltoid Posterior, Pectoralis Major Sternal Head
- Grasp the v-bar or a set of parallel bars so that your palms are facing each other.
- Let your body hang from the bar with your arms straight.
- Your legs should stay in line with your torso throughout this exercise.
- Slowly pull yourself up by contracting your arms until your chin is higher than the bar.
- In a slow and controlled motion, lower yourself to the starting position by again extending your arms.
- Fully extend your arms at the bottom of the exercise before moving to another repetition.