LET'S FIGHT CORONA VIRUS TOGETHER.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Our Best Shot To Fight Against Corona Virus is to Limit Public Gatherings and To Improve Our Immune System
Here are some tips which will help improve our immune system to fight against the Corona Virus
- VITAMIN C RICH FOODS : Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. These are key to fighting infections. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, strawberries, bell peppers, spinach, kale and broccoli. Daily intake of vitamin C is essential for good health because your body doesn’t produce or store it.
- BALANCED HOME COOKED MEALS: A balanced diet is one which contains variety of foods in such quantities and proportion that the need of all nutrients is adequately met for maintaining health, vitality and general wellbeing and makes a small provision for extra nutrients to withstand short duration of leanness.The major food issues of concern are insufficient/ imbalanced intake of foods/nutrients. One of the most common nutritional problems of public health importance in India are low birth weight, protein energy malnutrition in children, chronic energy deficiency in adults, micronutrient malnutrition and diet related non-communicable diseases. Health and nutrition are the most important contributory factors for human resource development in the country.Healthy dietary practices begin early in life. Recent evidences indicate that under nutrition in utero may set the pace for diet related chronic diseases in later life. Breastfeeding promotes healthy growth and improves cognitive development, and may have longer-term health benefits, like reducing the risk of becoming overweight or obese and developing NCDs later in life.Since a healthy diet consists of different kinds of foods, the emphasis has been shifted from nutrient orientation to the food based approach. Foods can be categorized according to the function as-
- Energy rich foods (Carbohydrates and fats)-whole grain cereals, millets, vegetable oils, ghee, nuts and oilseeds and sugars.
- Body building foods (Proteins)- Pulses, nuts and oilseeds, milk and milk products, meat, fish, poultry.
- Protective foods (Vitamins and minerals) – Green leafy vegetables, other vegetables, fruits, eggs, milk and milk products and flesh foods.
3. GINGER-LEMON TEA 2-3 TIMES A DAY: Ginger is another ingredient many turn to after getting sick. Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses. Ginger may also help decrease nausea. While it’s used in many sweet desserts, ginger packs some heat in the form of gingerol, a relative of capsaicin. Ginger may help decrease chronic pain and may possess cholesterol-lowering properties, according to recent animal research
Both green and black teas are packed with flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Where green tea really excels is in its levels of epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, another powerful antioxidant. EGCG has been shown to enhance immune function. The fermentation process black tea goes through destroys a lot of the EGCG. Green tea, on the other hand, is steamed and not fermented, so the EGCG is preserved.Green tea is also a good source of the amino acid L-theanine. L-theanine may aid in the production of germ-fighting compounds in your T-cells.
4. WORKOUT AT HOME 4 TIMES A WEEK : Exercise helps decrease your chances of developing heart disease. It also keeps your bones healthy and strong. Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Exercise causes change in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease. These antibodies or WBCs circulate more rapidly, so they could detect illnesses earlier than they might have before. However, no one knows whether these changes help prevent infections.
The brief rise in body temperature during and right after exercise may prevent bacteria from growing. This temperature rise may help the body fight infection better. (This is similar to what happens when you have a fever.)Exercise slows down the release of stress hormones. Some stress increases the chance of illness. Lower stress hormones may protect against illness.
5. MULTIVITAMIN ONE TIME A DAY : VITAMIN A, C & E Helps to maintain the lining of the respiratory and digestive tract which acts as a barrier against infection). VITAMIN D Works with T cells, a type of white blood cell that is key to the immune system’s ability to fight off infection and disease. SELENIUM Part of many selenoproteins that act as an antioxidant to help fight infection and protect the body against oxygen free radical damage. PROBIOTICS Helps to maintain the integrity of the lining of the intestines, thereby helping to boost immunity. OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS Essential for reducing inflammation
6. TURMERIC MILK BEFORE BEDTIME : For people who are prone to viral infections, drinking turmeric milk can do wonders. Turmeric milk has proved to be one of the best home-made remedies to improve one’s general immunity. According to naturallivingideas.com, drinking a cup of turmeric milk in the morning or just before bedtime can keep cold and flu at bay. According to naturallivingideas, turmeric increases mucus production, which naturally flushes out microbes that clog your respiratory tract. While the antiviral and antibacterial properties of turmeric can help fight infection, its anti-inflammatory property helps in relieving the symptoms of cough and cold.
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDELINES INFOGRAPHIC AND SHARE IT TO YOUR LOVED ONES. YOU CAN PRINT AND STICK IT IN YOUR SOCIETY.
LET’S FIGHT CORONA VIRUS TOGETHER. OUR IMMUNITY IS THE BEST WAY TO FIGHT CORONA VIRUS